Strategies for rapidly and flexibly getting to Proof-of-Concept
Small biotechs are already doing what they do best; pivoting quickly to adapt to the changing market conditions and current challenges to the funding environment. With small privately held companies having less than a year or two of cash reserves, most biotechs are trying keep their heads above water and avoid being forced into selling assets or getting acquired at a reduced valuation.
A variety of measures are being explored; seeking out new or alternative types of investors, developing partnerships and out-licencing agreements, lowering the workforce bill either through payroll sacrifice, furloughing or staff reductions, taking on more debt, reducing capital expenditure, and many are delaying or cancelling certain drug development programs.
Biotech companies are seeing the current conditions impact on their pipelines. Delays in reaching key clinical milestones of 6-12 months are now anticipated for many molecules in development. In part this is down to the economic uncertainties and cash conservation by biotechs, but this is compounded by the impact in the service sector with clinical research organisations (CROs) already reporting delays in starting up new trials or completing ongoing trials.
This webinar will explore some of the challenges faced by industry today and discuss how early drug development timelines can be accelerated, whilst at the same time conserving cash flow.
Key Learning Objectives
- Accelerate to Proof-of-Concept faster by developing an integrated product development, manufacturing and clinical testing plans
- Adopt “Lean” and “fit-for-purpose” approaches to reduce costs and time in product development whilst simultaneously achieving key objectives
- Simplify the supply chain by empowering the Project Manager to form a tightly integrated team with a single development partner
- Maximise the insight from ongoing pharmaceutical and clinical data analytics to continuously adapt the development program and avoid costly mistakes
- This webinar will also summarise a Tufts CSDD whitepaper on Translational Pharmaceutics; a platform which delivers >12 months’ time savings and multi-million-dollar financial benefits.